Monday 21 June 2010

Major minor incident

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. It seems I am turning into a younger, more modern version of Mrs Robinson. Either that or what is commonly known as a puma or cougar (google them) – except no name exists for a Twenty-Single year old version going for teenagers.

So, I HAD thought Pretty Young Boy would be the end to my tendencies towards younger men. But alas, no. I went to a good friend's annual summer bash this weekend and sunk yet lower. 18 years old.

My friend is the oldest of 4 brothers, and every year at their amazing summer bash they each invite a swarm of all of their friends. Each year without fail my friend warns his single male friends to take care due to the presence of a number of underage females amongst the throng. These days, there is (thankfully) less concern about actual minor incidents, but it seems that my good friend should have warned his female friends to take heed as well…

18 Year Old was a hottie. I will say that in my defence. Although apparently all he did was tell me his name at 2am in the morning (after a lot of wine and hog roast had been consumed I hasten to add) and I went at him. The horror. More so because I didn't remember his name and thereafter introduced him to my fellow aged friends as "this is my 18 Year Old".

He was most sweet though - he told me all about his gap year plans (ski season), how his A-levels are going, and how upset he was that he had just failed his driving test for the 4th time. Bless. (Although I confess I had immediate concerns about how dangerous the roads might become should he finally pass his test at the 5th attempt. Should there maybe be an upper limit introduced if people are clearly road liabilities the first few attempts?!) All this whilst putting up with my aged friends yelling inappropriate things across their drinks at us into the early hours and finding themselves immensely amusing…

Whilst I have since been suffering from the horrors of realising I kissed someone who is yet to get their A-Level results, I have also found out that the little fella got a fair bit of kudos from being able to kiss such an oldie merely on a one-line introduction, so I am now trying to think of the act as being highly philanthropic of me instead. Which is clearly far better for my own self-perception.

1 comment:

  1. "This is my 18 Year Old." Possession is 9 tenths of the law (or something like that!)

    I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete