Tuesday 6 July 2010

Diet Coke Boy

Woohoo! Enter a tall, blond, blue-eyed man from a dating website.

He was funny, attractive, AND he took me for supper as well as drinks (I am so easily bought). I actually fancied this one as well which is, clearly, a big step forward in the right direction. Yippee!

I am trying not to get too excited though, as there are, as ever, a few negatives:

1. He doesn't drink much (as in, whilst I quaffed a G&T at Underdog on Northcote Road, and then a couple of Tiger beers in Banana Leaf on Battersea Rise on Sunday evening, he drank Diet Coke the whole way through - and frankly the less said about the fact he drank Diet Coke the better - I recommended that he at least tried Coke Zero so as to appear more manly);

2. He has recently come out of a very long-term relationship where he had actually bought a house with the girl - didn't talk about her endlessly or anything horrific but she came up a couple of times – definitely something to be wary of;

3. Diet Coke Boy went to a poly for his university - a proper poly – so his grey matter issues need to be determined (I know, I know, I really am a terrible intellectual snob – but I just KNOW that I won't ultimately feel attracted to someone who is a bit slow); and

4. Finally, skiing never came up in our sports played/sporting interests/holidays coverage so I don't think that he skis – BIG concern – I need a skier.

All that aside though, Diet Coke Boy is the first one who has made me properly laugh out loud, and he ticks a fair few boxes, so all good. A second date is in the offing once he is back from his holiday. Woop.

Apparently in advance of the second date I need to learn the 13 call signs from Top Gun for him to test me. I, for some reason tried to impress him by saying that I would be able to do this– but now I am struggling as I can only recall 9 off the top of my head. Woops – but god bless Google.

Oh - and no, there was no snoggage at the end of date despite it going well. I have actually decided not to kiss on first dates with people I have only met for the first time that night, on the basis that with no mutual friend verifying them, you simply just don’t know where they might have been… (Caveat: this will clearly go out of the window if Mr Dreamboat rocks up one night and goes for the lunge).

2 comments:

  1. Well done you! It's so refreshing to hear about a date that went well. There are far too many horror stories out there...

    Don't get too hung up on the non drinking thing. He might be on antibiotics (a long shot) OR he might of wanted to stay sober so as to ensure he didn't make a fool out of himself. But agreed, diet coke is a bit of a worry.

    Keep us updated about date two. How long is he away for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Miss City Girl - I shall assess the non-drinking thing on the next date more fully.

    He is away for ten days from next week, so probably will be in a couple of weeks. Watch this space ;)

    ReplyDelete